In the past few years, the users of SBC Global email have found some issues with its email services. Therefore, the loyal users of SBC global started configuring the MS Outlook app to use the SBC global email on their computers. But lately, MS Outlook also has started showing errors with Sbcglobal email not working on MS outlook.
There are reports from several SBC Global users saying that Sbcglobal email not working with the MS Outlook desktop apps.
Now it is an intelligent move to configure the SBC global emails on the Microsoft Outlook app and avoid the webmail login issues. But if you haven’t used the proper configuration settings to set up your email account, it may create topics. Correct configuration of the email setup is necessary to avoid email-related problems.
And we understand how important it is for you to have your SBC global email app working. Therefore, in this guide, you will find the easy steps to resolve the SBC Global.net issues and set up an SBC Global.net email account in your Outlook app.
Thus, go through the following steps to resolve the email issue:
1st Step: Disconnect the SBCGlobal Email account from the Outlook app
- To delete the SBCGlobal account from your account, open your outlook app and open the Files tab.
- Then find the Account Settings option and click on that.
- In the Account Settings tab, you will find the Manage Profiles option; click on that. And then, further, select the Show Profiles option.
- You will find the SBCGlobal account option in the Show Profiles tab; select that.
- Then lastly, open the contextual menu, and select the Remove button. This will remove the SBCGlobal account and its configurations from your Outlook app.
Before going further, we suggest you disable the Windows Firewall and real-time protection of the third-party antivirus program. These features can create hindrances in the configuration process.
2nd Step: To run the MS Outlook Program in Safe window mode
- Firstly, open the MS Outlook app in safe window mode. To open the safe window mode, press the Win+R button on your keyboard and hold them for a while.
- This will open a pop-up box or the Windows Run Dialog Box on the screen.
- You must type Outlook/Safe Mode in this pop-up box and press the enter button.
- This way, your Outlook app will open in the Safe Window Mode.
3rd Step: List of standard requirements for SBCGlobal Email configuration on Outlook app
- First, you need to have a stable and robust internet connection.
- Then you need to keep the credential details like email address, username, and password handy.
- Now you need to check the SBC Global Email server settings for Outlook with the following details:
- The SBC Global email server settings for the IMAP server:
- The incoming email server should be imap.mail.att.net.
- The Port number for the incoming port is 993
- The outgoing email server is smtp.mail.att.net.
- The Port number for the outgoing port is 465.
- The Encrypted connection should be SSL.
- Click yes in the Required authentication section.
- The SBCGlobal email settings for the POP server:
- The Incoming email server should be inbound.att.net.
- The Port number for the incoming port should be 995.
- The Outgoing email server should be outbound.att.net.
- The Port number for the outgoing port is 465.
- The Encrypted Connection should have the SSL settings.
- And mark Yes in the Required authentication section.
- And lastly, you need to make a backup of your SBC Global email data. This will prevent the loss of any valuable or essential data during the setup process.
4th Step: Reconfiguration of the SBC Global email account for the Outlook app
Now you need to re-add your SBC Global Account in the Outlook app.
- So first, open the Outlook app on your computer and go to the File tab.
- Then click on the Account settings option.
- Click on the Email tab option and then click on the New option.
- Select the Server settings option, and then tap on the Next button. Now you need to select the Internet Email Addresses option.
- Now again, press the Next button, which will open the User Data tab. Here you need to enter your username and email address.
- After entering your email details, tap on the Type of account option. Here you have to choose either the IMAP server or POP server settings and fill in the server information as given in the previous section.
- Then enter the following information in the next step. You need to enter the following details in the Login Information tab:
- Put your SBC Global email or User ID in the Email address section.
- Enter your SBC Global email account password in the password section.
- In the login with security section, select the SSL Encrypted Connection option.
- And lastly, tap on the Test Account settings option. This will check whether the information you have entered for your SBC Global email account configuration is correct. Once the test is done, select the Next and Finish buttons to complete the reconfiguration process.
5th step: Lastly, Switch to Google’s DNS
- So first, open the Network and sharing center tab from the Taskbar tab. This will open your device’s Network.
- Now click on the Change adapter option. Right-click on your current network and open its Properties.
- Then click on the option Internet Protocol Version 4/ (TCP/IPv4). Now again, open the Properties tab using the drop-down menu.
- Then select the option Use the following DNS server addresses option. And then, fill in 18.104.22.168 in the column saying Preferred DNS server, and type 22.214.171.124 in the column saying Alternate DNS Server.
- Lastly, select the OK button to save the changes. This will resolve your SBC Global email issue on the MS Outlook app.
Note: If still sbcglobal email not working, then you can contact att customer service.
You can again log in to your SBC Global email account on your MS Outlook app. Visit us for more information at SBCGlobal.net Email Login and If you are facing the same issues with Att, contact Att Email Login.